Are you having a good weekend? I hope you are. I hope you’re sleeping in late and making some very good pancakes.
I write this sleep deprived, from an airport in Charlotte, North Carolina. I’m en route to my parents’ home in Florida, and have a three-hour layover. Yes, that’s right, three hours in an airport at 6 AM. I’ll take three hours over a rushed thirty minutes, but it’s still a long time.
There are really only three things I like to do during layovers– nap, read things on the internet, and buy Cinnabons. While I can’t share my Cinnabons (or my naps, sorry!) here are the links that have been keeping me busy.
- Mark Bittman moves to Berkeley. Good move, Mark. Good move.
- Speaking of all things local, two very different city guides to Oakland. On point.
- My personal favorite brunch spot. The best bagels you’ve ever had.
- Desperate for a hike at Land’s End.
- This is what 7×7 thinks you should do in the Presidio.
- I was recently told I should hike here and eat here. I’ll take advice from the locals.
- I love hearing about the sometimes-incredible, sometimes-slightly-crazy things city dwellers do to experience the outdoors. The Joyous Wilderness of Urban Swimming.
- Thoughts of Cameras, Authenticity, and Euphoria. This is important.
- Cook Like a Pro. This is how you turn your home-cooked meal restaraunt-worthy. That, and you pay someone to do your dishes and bring your meal to the table for you.
- Currently reading: this + this.